How To File
The following steps are for existing clients ONLY. If you are interested in becoming a NEW client with Gagliano Associates, you must first fill out the New Client Request Form on the Contact Us Page. You will receive a response within 48 business hours M-F 10am-5pm.
**Once accepted as a new client, complete the New Client Taxpayer Information Worksheet. Include this worksheet with all your documents. Then follow the steps below.
Whether providing your documents via Contactless Dropoff at our office OR using the Remote Services Secure Portal, collect ALL your documents together before making your submission. We put your file in the queue once we receive everything. We discourage photos for submission, scans provide much better quality than photos. Free scan apps are available.
Exception— if you are waiting on late K1’s or final investment documents, you may submit all other documents to get your file in queue. *Follow up document submissions use the Remote Services Portal link in Step 6.
Review, sign & date: Engagement for Services Agreement.
All clients must include a completed, signed & dated: Required Intake Form.
We rely on this form to ensure accuracy of your tax returns. It was designed to replace our face to face meetings to communicate everything related to your tax return and any new information we need to know.
Collect and compile all the applicable tax documents that you noted on the checklist in Step 2.
WORKSHEETS are available for Child Care Expenses, Businesses, Rentals, Medical Dental and Vision Expenses, and Donation Logs. Please use where applicable.
Total your receipts for each category on the appropriate worksheet. Make sure to keep your receipts to substantiate these expenses for your own records. **Do not submit actual receipts to our office.**
Provide a copy of the driver’s license for both the taxpayer and spouse (if applicable). Or provide the license ID number, state of issue, complete issue and expiration date.
If you want direct deposit, provide your bank name, routing and account numbers or a voided check.
Submit all the documents described in Steps 1 through 5 using one of the following methods.
Remote Services Secure Portal
- Upload all of your documents using our Remote Services Secure Portal using the button below.
- Where possible, please combine all your documents and applicable worksheets into one file.
- Upload scanned documents not pictures since they are the best quality for and easiest for us to read. Free scan apps are available.
- Providing all of your documentation at one time makes our process most efficient.
- We will email you within three business days once we download your submission. If you have not received an email within 5 business days of submission, check your junk email folder.
Use Adobe Reader not Apple Preview to fill out our PDF Worksheets otherwise we may experience upload issues.
If possible, scan all individual documents together into one clickable PDF document. Our Worksheets should be uploaded individually, scanning together can move the information in the fillable document.
Other large files, such as investment documents or new client’s last year’s tax returns, upload separately. Summarize receipt totals for charitable, medical, business, rentals etc. on our appropriate WORKSHEETS. DO NOT include actual receipts in the download unless requested.
DO NOT CREATE OR UPLOAD A ZIP FILE! ZIPS don’t work with our system
- No appointment necessary.
- Compile all of your printed documents and applicable worksheets into a folder or envelope.
- Bring your documents to our office and place them into the secure black mail box on the right side of the porch. Make sure they drop in. Large envelopes and required forms are available on table if needed. We check the box regularly Monday-Sunday from 9 am to 8 pm.
12473 West 84th Circle
Arvada, CO 80005
Mail Your Tax Documents
- Compile a COPY of all of your printed documents with applicable worksheets into a secure envelope.
- Mail your secure envelope using your preferred service to:
12473 West 84th Circle
Arvada, CO 80005
Once we receive all of your documents, we will be in touch via email to let you know that we have received them. If you haven’t received a confirmation email within 5 business days, check your junk email folder and add taxpros.tax to your accepted domains. Your tax return will then be put into the queue and will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Depending on the number of tax returns coming in at a given time, it could take a couple weeks before your tax documents reach the front of the queue.
NOTE: We encourage you to get your tax documents to us as soon as possible. With these updated services, we can no longer meter how many returns will come in each day. Turnaround time for tax filings will be dependent on when we receive ALL your documents and the complexity of your return.
Once your tax documents reach the front of the queue, your Tax Preparer will begin processing your return and will reach out to you with any questions and once the return is completed. You can always feel free to contact the office by phone or email.
Payment for services is due when your taxes are completed. For pick up, leave a check in the secure box with your signature forms. For remote services, we will send you an electronic invoice that you can safely pay online with your checking account. If you want to use a credit card, a third party convenience fee will charged, offered upon request.